Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Mixed Feelings - My First Day At Montessori

A school is place of learning for a child. It is a training ground for him/her. Here he/she forms new associates, comes in contact with bo... thumbnail 1 summary
A school is place of learning for a child. It is a training ground for him/her. Here he/she forms new associates, comes in contact with boys and girls of different temperaments and forms new ideas and habits.
 

It is here that he/she prepares himself/herself for the stage of life. So the right type of educational school is for great importance for him/her. 


I was enrolled in a Montessori at the age of three and a half. It was a newly launched Montessori, The first Montessori in Syangja District situated at RAMBACHCHHA, Waling Municipality, Ward No. 8, which is administered by Principal Shrimati Ou Maya Gurung who lives in Rambachchha. The memory of my first day in Montessori is still fresh in my mind. It was a small school with 2 rooms, One was a big room - so called play ground & another is a small for our study.


There were only two teachers including the Principal. Nisha Gurung (assistant teacher) and Au Maya Gurung (Principal). The principal’s office was separate. Montessori had a compound with lush green lawns and flowers bedded. 


My Grand father (Dhag Bahadur Gurung - Ex Army) took me to the principal’s office and got me admitted in Montessori. My father was outside of country at that time, he worked at Supreme Food Service, Logistics as a Supervisor. Principal gave me a packet of toffees to be distributed among my classmates. 


My class teacher (Miss Nisha) was very gentle. She encouraged me and treated me kindly. I felt a bit nervous in the new environment. We were twelve students (including boys and girls) in total. The boys looked at me with wonder and smile. I had with me English primer and got my first lesson in alphabet, i.e. A,B. I tried to copy but failed, was an uneasy feelings.  


The bell for interval rang. The boys rushed out of the classrooms. Some of them gathered rounded me. They laughed at me and made fun of me. A few sympathized with me and befriended me. I had a novel experience. 


The last bell went at three in the afternoon. All the boys felt very happy. I also took my bag and hurried back to my home.

No comments

Post a Comment

Coolbthemes.com